YIM Testimonial: Alan

Check back regularly for testimonials from youth and young adults who have been to Youth in Missions in the past. Our first one is from Alan in North Carolina:


"Lake Junaluska Youth in Missions...where do I begin?

I've been attending this wonderful reunion of God's awesome children since 1997. That makes well over a decade now. I've been in most of the roles there: youth, design team, speaker, praise leader, counselor, and always humble servant. There's just something awe-striking that keeps me coming back year after year. If I could simplify it to just one thing it would be that God's presence is so strong at this event that it is impossible to stand on the mountainside and not be moved by Him. No matter how you come: weak, strong, pious, sinful, wise, ignorant, faithful, doubtful, God will embrace you with open arms and love you more than you can imagine. In addition to an abundance of love you will meet life-long friends at the Lake. My LJ friends continue to be some of the best I've ever had, and though the distance separated us between YIM times, we've managed to share great conversations on the phone/internet, meetings in person at churches, events, weddings and other occasions. Their love and encouragement from God extends the entire year and doesn't just end when we say goodbye at Lake J. Youth In Missions week has consistently been a place that I've found a higher calling for my life. God has revealed parts of his plan for me and invited me to join in its splendor.

Alan playing bass at Youth in Missions '08


Where do I begin...Lake Junaluska Youth in Missions. The most wonderful part of YIM is that even though it is one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have, it's just the beginning. You'll go back home with an overwhelming amount of love from God with a mission to spread that love and the friends to support you along the way. Don't be fooled, YIM is not the start of an easy journey. But it is the best journey, one that your creator has chosen you for and He will be with you. What is any life if not the pursuit of a dream? Begin at Lake Junaluska, dream big, love deeply, and join us for an amazing time...get ready to take the plunge and dive on in!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment